Friday, June 13, 2014

Ummm....

     To me, Naomi seems very manipulative and negative in general. I feel kind of bad saying that because I know that she had a hard life and that she went through a lot, but I always thought that she was the sweet, protective mother-in-law who only put up token resistance before welcoming her daughter-in-law to come home with her. Instead, I find that she basically completely ignores Rut/s on the journey back, she rants at everyone there when she gets back to Beit Lechem, she leaves her foreigner daughter-in-law who knows absolutely no one there save for Naomi to go find them food, and she only starts talking to Rut/s again when she hears about Boaz and decides she can get something out of it. Even then, she uses Rut/s and teaches her to manipulate Boaz, the very person from whom they are getting food and support!
Again, I know she had a hard life, but I just think this is ridiculous...

No comments:

Post a Comment